Tigers Steal Victory

City 0 Hull 1

It was another disappointing and frustrating night for the City fans as the club suffered their second defeat of the week with a 2-0 loss against West Brom on Saturday and a 1-0 defeat at the Walkers Stadium to bottom of the table Hull City.

The lowest Championship attendance at the Walkers Stadium saw former Leeds and Sunderland striker Michael Bridges score a 25 yard screamer that nestled into the top corner of Paul Henderson’s goal. It was cruel blow for City, who had enjoyed the majority of the possession and domination of the chances in the game.

Rob Kelly made just the one change to the side that lost on Saturday with Iain Hume replacing Chris O’Grady in partnership with Matty Fryatt. City created their first chance of the night early in the game through Paddy McCarthy following a corner after five minutes which was guided into the arms of Hull keeper Boaz Myhill.

Hume then broke towards the Hull goal and managed to get a ball to Fryatt, who scored Myhill into a save one again following a powerful drive from the edge of the area. Myhill was tested twice on the half hour mark, first parrying McCarthy’s close-range header before stealing Darren Kenton’s opportunity with another diving save.

Hull had a couple of their own chances with Nicky Forster making Henderson work with a save from just 12 yards and Ryan France headed straight at Henderson just before half-time. Following half-time, McCarthy was once again in the thick of the action making Myhill save another powerful header from the City captain.

10 minutes later, Michael Bridges scored his 25-yard screamer giving fruit to Myhill’s earlier work in the Hull goal. Hull refused to sit back and almost added a second through David Livermore when he found himself through on goal with only Henderson to beat. But he was unable to control the pass and was foiled by Henderson.

Stephen Hughes free kick with a couple of minutes to go was one of City’s last real chances in the game. From 25 yards out on the right hand side of the area, a chipped effort sailed high above the goal and was the last straw for many

City fans who left well before the final whistle. City fans are becoming extremely frustrated about performances of late, especially when on the back of the Leicester Mercury before the game it proclaimed that the side needed to take the game to Hull and attack them to win the game.

Although we saw that to an extent, the killer ball and touch in the final third is lacking. Fryatt has yet to score this season and Hume only has one goal himself. It looks like to be a very up and down season for City once again.

Leicester: Henderson 7, Kenton 6 (Stearman 5), McCarthy 6, Kisnorbo 7, Johansson 6, Low 5 (O'Grady 6), Hughes 6, Johnson 5, Porter 7, Hume 6, Fryatt 6.

Hull: Myhill, Ricketts, Turner, Collins, Dawson, Fagan, Ashbee, Livermore, France, Forster (Marney 46), Bridges.

Attendance: 18,677 Referee: M. Jones (Cheshire).

The views expressed in this report are the opinions of the Trust member nominated to file the report only and do not represent the views of the Foxes Trust organisation

Leave a Reply