Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 19th April 2007.
1. Tim Davies welcomed everyone and introduced Milan Mandaric who was attending his first Consultative Committee meeting.
2. The full committee was in attendance.
3. The minutes of the previous meeting were confirmed as a true and accurate record.
4. Matters arising :TD confirmed that a road show would be taking place April 24th and also a school event on May 1st.
5. Milan Mandaric thanked everyone for their warm welcome and talked about his takeover of the club. He said he was frustrated with the timing and had hoped he could have been here earlier. This would have allowed him the opportunity to introduce additional players to the squad in preparation for next season. Having said that he understood that the negotiations had to be completed correctly and throughout the discussions he understood that Leicester City Football Club was the most important issue and not one individual.
He followed up by saying this is a great club with great support as witnessed by the fans reaction in the match v Birmingham City. He confirmed that significant investment will be made in the playing squad. In addition he will be looking to make the club more efficient, cost effective and generally put the club in a financially strong position.
He said that he did not expect the club to be in this position with 3 matches remaining. He had witnessed some encouraging performances particularly Fulham, Coventry City, Ipswich Town and West Bromwich Albion and he was surprised at the recent sequence of results.He reflected on the result and the performance at Plymouth Argyle and decided to act to change the manager. Nigel Worthington was approached and accepted the challenge of keeping the club in The Championship for the final 5 matches.
Mr Mandaric answered questions from the committee on a number of topics including:The arrival of Nigel Worthington and Doug Livermore.The appointment of a permanent manager.His time at Portsmouth FC.Plans for next season and the playing squad…..